2019 DB Adventure Dog Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The “2019 DB Adventure Dog” contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of DC, DE, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WV who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers and agents of Anheuser-Busch, LLC, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries; advertising and promotion agencies, wholesale distributors, retail licensees, and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling), are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules located at https://dbbrewingcompany.com/adventure-dogs/ (“Website”) and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein.
- CONTEST PERIOD:
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 25, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on April 1, 2019 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is divided into two (2) phases as defined below. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- PHASE ONE: CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD:
The Contest Submission Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. EST on February 25, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on March 22, 2019 (“Contest Submission Period”).
Four (4) Ways to Enter:
(1) Facebook: Post a photo of your Adventure Dog and include the hashtags #DBAdventureDog and #Contest (an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Devils Backbone on Facebook in order to enter this Contest via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
(2) Instagram: Post a photo of your Adventure Dog and include the hashtags #DBAdventureDog and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow Devils Backbone on Instagram in order to enter this Contest via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
(3) Twitter: Post a photo of your Adventure Dog and include the hashtags #DBAdventureDog and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow Devils Backbone on Twitter in order to enter this Contest via Twitter. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
(4) Online: Visit https://dbbrewingcompany.com/adventure-dogs/ (also a “Website”) and follow the online instructions to upload your photo of your Adventure Dog and submit an online entry (an “Entry”).
Entry must meet the following criteria: (a) Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted; (b) Photo must show at least one (1) dog; and, (c) Photo should depict the dog(s) in a manner consistent with the Devils Backbone brand and lifestyle.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Your setting must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Only posts that are viewable by Sponsor and its agents will be considered an Entry.
All Entries must be received and recorded during the Contest Submission Period. No other forms of Entry are valid. See Rule #4 for additional Entry Guidelines & Prohibited Content. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #4) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
- ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT:
Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/general-upload/2015-Beer-Ad-Code-Brochure.pdf; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Devils Backbone Brewing Company), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages);or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to the Anheuser-Busch designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on the Website or in any other form of publication, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries posted to the Website are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
- PHASE TWO: PUBLIC VOTING TO DETERMINE THE FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZE WINNERS:
Beginning at 12:00:00 p.m. EST on March 23, 2019 and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on April 1, 2019, visitors https://dbbrewingcompany.com/adventure-dogs/ who are residents of DC, DE, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WV and who are twenty-on (21) years of age or older will have the opportunity to vote for his/her favorite Entry (“Public Voting Period”). Limit one (1) vote per person per day. A “day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT and ending on the same day at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. Following the conclusion of the Public Voting Period, the five (5) Entries with the highest number of votes will be deemed a Grand Prize winner and receive the Grand Prize.
In the event that there are fewer than five (5) eligible Entries, Sponsor reserves the right to proceed with the Contest with less than five (5) eligible Entries, and the Entries receiving the highest number of votes will be deemed a Grand Prize winner and receive the Grand Prize.
In the event of a tie, tied entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”) by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The Judging Criteria includes: (a) Creativity; (b) Originality; (3) Photo Composition; and (4) Relevance to Contest theme. The one (1) Entry receiving the highest cumulative scores awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Grand Prize winner and receive the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria until the tie is broken. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. See Rule #6 for Prize details.
Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by an Entrant and/or his/her respective family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, and/or multiple email accounts, paying or retaining third parties to create email accounts for the purposes of voting and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify such Entrant in its reasonable discretion. Any attempt by any person to fraudulently circumvent the voting restrictions in order to cast multiple votes will result in disqualification of all such votes received and may result in disqualification of the Entrant for whom the improper votes were received.
- PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize (5 total): Each winner will receive the opportunity to have his/her “Adventure Dog” featured on the Devils Backbone “Gold Leaf Lager” packaging. Each winner will receive a signed print of the illustration. Each winner will receive one (1) Devils Backbone “Adventure Dog” swag pack that includes two (2) coolies, one (1) dog leash, one (1) dog collar, one (1) dog bowl and one (1) dog vest. Approximate Retail Value (‘ARV”): $150.00. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total ARV of all prizes is $750.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
If Sponsor so elects, potential winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, sexual offenses, or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that the potential winner will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, potential winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. In the event of noncompliance, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:
All prizes will be awarded. The potential winners will be notified via email or phone, or via direct message on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and will be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours indicating whether he/she can accept his/her prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Potential winner may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release via email, fax or overnight mail within forty-eight (48) hours of prize acceptance. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, including verification that the winner is at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, the potential winner will be declared an official winner of the Contest. If Sponsor cannot verify that the potential winner is twenty-one (21) years of age or older prior to winner notification, then the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected. Any alternate potential winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate potential winner.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:
Anheuser-Busch, LLC, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered entries, telephone calls, text messages or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Promotion, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither Sponsor, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. Should any portion of Promotion be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and randomly select the winner from valid entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, the authorized subscriber of the email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning the email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and Contest agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, submitted biography, voice and/or likeness and prize information, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and Contestal purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
You grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
- WINNER’S LIST:
For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2019 DB Adventure Dog Contest Winner’s List Request, c/o Devils Backbone Brewing Company, 50 North Wind Lane, Lexington, VA 24450 for receipt by June 2, 2019.
Anheuser-Busch, LLC, One Busch Place, St. Louis, MO 63118.
© 2019 Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Lexington, VA
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.