We’ve put together a dynamite lineup for the New Year at the Outpost Tap Room! First off, the Tap Room stays open later each day of the week. Boom! And along with those new hours comes a full slate of beertivities.
Beginning Thursday, January 8, Growler Girls moves to monthly gatherings. The ’Girls begin the year with a Resolution talk hosted by our very own Diz! While in the company of friends old and new, you’ll set some goals for 2015 and help each other stick to ’em! And go ahead and mark your calendar, February’s meeting is on Thursday the 12th.
Mug Club gets its groove on Tuesday, January 13 with a brewer-led discussion on how to taste beer and later that week at the Outpost we tap a cask of Dark Abby.
Each month Outpost brewer Cory prepares a keg of cask beer especially for the Tap Room. On January 15, he’ll roll out a cask of Dark Abby – loaded with raisins! Dark Abby is one of our Trail Blazer beers. This Belgian Inspired Dubbel Ale is brewed with sugar and spices, and four kinds of malt. If you’ve not tried Dark Abby, rest easy – we just bottled the first batch and will soon release on tap and in package.
Live Fridays continues in 2015. On select dates every month we feature live music for you to enjoy with your fresh pint right in the Tap Room. Music strikes up at 5:30 p.m. and January Live Fridays dates are set for the 16th and 30th.
And finally, enjoy delicious pints while testing your knowledge at the Devils Backbone Trivia Night. Go it alone or build a team for friendly competition in the Tap Room on Thursday, January 22.
Lots of moving parts – quick recap:
- Extended hours schedule effective now (Sun & Mon: 1 – 7 p.m., Tue & Wed: 1- 8 p.m., Thur-Sat: 1 – 9 p.m.)
- Jan 8 – Growler Girls (6 p.m.)
- Jan 13 – Mug Club (6:30 – 8p.m.)
- Jan 15 – Cask Day (Dark Abby!)
- Jan 16 – Live Fridays with Black Collar – blues band (5:30 p.m.)
- Jan 22 – Devils Backbone Trivia Night with Ann (6- 8 p.m.)
- Jan 30 – Live Fridays with Crowded Pond – bluesy acoustic rock (5:30 p.m.)