Daypack Games: Compete in the Devils Backbone Beer Olympics
ROSELAND, VA – Come out and join in the Daypack Games at Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows (200 Mosbys Run, Roseland) on Saturday, June 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Face off in unique beer Olympic competitions and dress like your favorite beer style, all for a shot at winning incredible prizes. There will be opening and closing ceremonies, live music, great eats, and our sessionable Daypack canned beers.
Daypack Games will be rain or shine, and online registration is now open.
How do you compete?
- Daypack Dash 5K: Individuals if any age can compete in a run through the Meadows
- Corn Hole: Teams of two compete in all-day tournament
- Kickball: Teams of 9 to 12 compete in all-day tournament
- Daypack Games: Teams of four will compete and scores will be based on the fastest cumulative time to complete all stations.
- Malt Sack Relay – Complete 4 legs of the relay with your teammates.
- Stein Hoisting – One member of each team holds a full stein for a long as they can. The duration of the hoist is deducted from the team’s Daypack Games time.
- Can Jam Checkpoint – Teams must throw three Frisbees through a Can Jam. If a Frisbee goes through the front slot, you are done with that check point.
- Build a Daypack Can Tower – Teams must build a tower with empty Daypack cans.
- Brewery Recipe Shuttle – Following a beer recipe, teams will add correct poundage of each ingredient – malts, hops, water, and yeast – to a bucket.
- Keg Rolling Race – Relay race rolling a full keg!
- Brewery Hose Tug-of-War – The top eight teams will compete in a knockout brewery hose tug-of-war.
Fantastic prizes will be awarded for the best team uniform, as well as the winners of the Daypack Dash, the kickball tournament, the corn hole tournament, and the top three teams in the Daypack Games. Prizes include day passes to Hoopla, Mountain Hardware DB logoed daypacks, DB gift cards, and cash gift cards.
In addition to the exciting competitions, there will also be live music by Erin & The Wildfire and Llamas at Brunch. For those 21 and older, the entry fee for the Daypack Dash and corn hole and kickball tournaments includes one Daypack beer; Daypack Games entry includes one Daypack beer per person and one stein hoisting beer per team.
The quick, easy, and mobile beers of the Daypack Series are made to complement your passion, wherever it may take you. Daypack beers are all sessionable, under 5% ABV. The approachable styles are canned for maximum mobility to throw into your daypack any time of year and head out to craft an adventure.
Devils Backbone operates two breweries in central Virginia: Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows (200 Mosbys Run, Roseland, VA) the original brewery, restaurant and the Meadows, the new outdoor beer and dining area, located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in scenic Nelson County; and the Outpost Brewery & Tap Room, a state-of-the-art production brewery and tap room (50 North Wind Lane, Lexington, VA).